Tue, 06 Feb|
Norwich Book Slam
An evening of new writing from emerging authors.
Time & Location
06 Feb 2024, 19:30 – 21:30
Music Room, 7-15 Fye Bridge St, Norwich NR3 1LJ, UK
About the event
Each month in 2024, a handful of emerging authors will read from their latest books, in the intimate comfort of our Music Room. Grab yourself a drink from the bar and join other book lovers as these fresh voices bring their words to life, topped off with a Q&A hosted by Chris Parker.
- Polis Loizou is a Cypriot author, playwright, poet, performer and oral storyteller. His debut novel was long-listed for the Polari First Book Prize. A Good Year is his third novel. He lives in Nottingham.
- Ami Rao is a British-American writer who was born in Calcutta, India. Boundary Road is her fourth book.
- Chris Parker is a Cambridge-based screenwriter who was born in South Wales. Nameless Lake is his debut novel.
- Giselle Leeb's debut collection - Mammals, I Think We Are Called - was long-listed for the Edge Hill Short Story Prize 2023.
- Trevor Mark Thomas was born in Manchester in 1976. He lives with his girlfriend. He has a dog called Columbo. In his spare time, he builds Lego models and cooks tasty meals. Dry Cleaning is his second novel.
- Ticket type